Incentives & Programs
Starting? Expanding? Relocating?
Louisiana’s tax credits and incentive programs can give your company a competitive edge.
- a one-time $2,500 tax credit per certified net new job and
- a 4% sales/use tax rebate on capital expenditures
- or an investment tax credit equal to 15% of qualifying expenses
- Must increase employment within specified time frame
- No part time employees are eligible for job tax credits
- Must hire 50% of new workers from one of four targeted groups
- If NAICS is 44 or 45 and have 100+ employees nationwide, including affiliates, you are not eligible unless you are a grocery store or a pharmacy and located in an EZ
- Workforce recruitment, screening and training to new and expanding Louisiana companies at no cost
- The LED team will provide the following services:
- Every aspect of a company’s proposed operation is analyzed.
- FastStart sets forth to find the best potential talent.
- Pre-hire evaluations mean the best candidates are selected.
- Customized and comprehensive training delivers a strong workforce.
- Any manufacturing or warehouse and distribution centers must commit to creating at least 15 jobs
- Service providers: digital media, corporate headquarters, research and development or other inbound call center facilities must commit to creating at least 50 jobs
- 100% property tax abatement for up to 10 years on manufacturer’s qualifying capital investments
- Applies only to capital investments by Louisiana manufacturers
- Property must remain on the site at all times
- five-year 100% abatement for the rehabilitation of an existing structure based on assessed valuation of property prior to beginning of improvements
- Must be located in a qualifying district and approved by local governing authority
- Does not exempt the acquisition cost of the structure
- up to a 40% tax credit for Louisiana businesses (based on employment) that conduct research and development activities in Louisiana
- Must have incurred federal research and development expenses and/or received SBIR/STTR grant(s)
- 5% or 6% cash rebate on annual payroll expenses for up to 10 years and
- a 4% sales/use tax rebate on capital expenditures or
- an investment tax credit equal to 15% of qualifying expenses
- Must fall within one of the state’s target industries or
- Have total annual out-of-state sales of at least 50%
Revolving Loan Program
- U. S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) federal grant dollars fill the gaps in financing not provided by conventional means
- a fixed rate substantially lower than available commercial rates (4% usually)
- offers lending amounts between $25,000 and $250,000
- Must be for profit, a corporation, partnership, or proprietorship.
- Primarily for existing businesses, but will consider new businesses, being started by proven entrepreneurs, with significant job creation potential
- Loans are available for:
- Take out financing for loans for plant construction, conversion, or expansion
- Acquisition of land and/or buildings
- Equipment and machinery repair and/or purchase
- Furniture or fixtures purchase
- Working capital
- Starting fees and deposits