Delcambre, LA – (July 29, 2019) – Vermilion Bay Sweet, a premium-quality seafood brand owned and operated by the Port of Delcambre, LA, has announced three new blue crab products:
- Vermilion Bay Sweet Blue Crab Lump ($28/pound)
- Vermilion Bay Sweet Blue Crab Backfin Lump ($18/pound)
- Vermilion Bay Sweet Blue Crab Claw Meat ($15/pound)
The one-pound, frozen packages are available for purchase three ways while supplies last:
- Online at LouisianaDirectSeafoodShop.com (local and national shipping available).
- At Delcambre Seafood and Farmers Market, August 3 from 9 a.m. to 1p.m., and the first Saturdays of the month while supplies last; http://www.delcambremarket.org.
- At Gonsoulin Land and Cattle Farm Store in Loreauville, LA; https://www.glcranch.com/farmstore.
Crab for all of the products was supplied, hand cleaned, packaged and flash frozen by Louisiana Blue Crab, LLC, of Kaplan, Louisiana. Sheb Callahan, owner of Louisiana Blue Crab, will be at the August 3 Delcambre Seafood & Farmers Market as part of the roll out of the new packages and will have live crabs for sale.
Vermilion Bay Sweet brand specializes in small batches of high-quality seafood that’s locally caught, packaged, and sold directly to consumers. Packaging technology, food science education and assistance, funding, and more, are provided by partner institution Louisiana State University. Packages are available seasonally, while supplies last. These products join an expanding roster of VBS seafood products available year-round.
Vermilion Bay Sweet
Vermilion Bay Sweet began in 2012 as a small demonstration project between partners in business, industry, fishing and Louisiana State University. Originally debuting a premium, hand-peeled Jumbo Shrimp package, the brand’s family of products has grown to include Gumbo-sized Shrimp, the first product to carry the Certified Authentic Louisiana Wild Seafood label, Black Drum, and Catfish. More products are planned including more species of fish such as red snapper, grouper, tuna and oysters.
Created by the Twin Parish Port Commission in partnership with LSU AgCenter and Louisiana Sea Grant, Delcambre Direct Seafood is part of the statewide Louisiana Direct Seafood initiative. Louisiana Direct Seafood is an online marketplace for consumers to connect directly with local fishermen to purchase fresh, wild-caught Louisiana seafood-among the world’s highest quality.
# # #