**All jobseekers can participate in the job fair and training workshop for FREE!**
What should I do to prepare?: Create a resume, bring multiple copies of your resume with you, leave your guests at home (kids/parents/friends), dress professionally, attend the Jobseeker Training Class (details below).
Date: Tuesday, August 17th, 2021
Time: 9 am – 12 pm
Location: St. Theresa Hall (Holy Family Center) – 101 N. Leonard, Abbeville
Cost: Free to attend!
Join us as we hear from employment specialist Shaun Cormier of Acadiana Workforce Solutions. We’ll cover topics like how to write and format your resume, how to prepare for a job fair or interview, and how to make your job search a success.
Date: Wednesday, July 14th
Time: 9 am – 11 am
Location: South Louisiana Community College, Gulf Area Campus
Thank you to sponsor Gulf Coast Bank for your support!
Employers & Openings:
Acadian Ambulance – Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics
Acadiana Broadcasting Company (Big 102.1 Radio) – Advertising Sales
American Pollution Control Corp. (AMPOL)* – Project Manager, CDL Drivers, Diesel Mechanic ics, Offshore Cleaning Technicians, Industrial Insulation Workers, Hazmat Technicians & Asbestos Abatement Technicians
Arc of Acadiana* – Direct Support Professionals, Personal Care Attendants
Aviation Exteriors* – Service Helpers
Bayou Fencing – Laborers
City of Abbeville* – Electrical Line Foreman, Apprentice Line Worker 2, Equipment Line Operator 2, Lineman 2, Public Works Director, Maintenance Worker 1, Police Officer
Compass Health – Therapists, Nurse Managers, LPNs, Assistant Directors of Nursing, RNs
Crosby Dredging – Oilers, Engineers, Boatmen, Welders, Deckhands, Mates, Crane Operators, Levermen, Deck Captains, Chief Engineers, Dredge Captains
Cypress Bayou Casino – Security Officers, Cooks, Servers (Beverage & Restaurant), Cashiers, Housekeeping
Eastridge Nursing and Rehabilitation* – LPNs, CNAs
Eastridge Senior Living Suites* – Resident Attendants, Dietary Staff
Ecoserv, LLC* – Offshore Cleaning Technicians
Gulf Coast Bank* – Bank Associates
Iberia Comprehensive Community Healthcare Clinic* – LPNs, CMAs, Accounts Receivable Specialist (Billing), Patient Support Specialist (Front Desk), Medical Records Assistant
Langlinais Broussard Kohlenberg – Staff Accountant, Intern
Leading Healthcare of Louisiana – Direct Service Workers
Lofton Staffing & Security – Security Officers, General Labor, Administrative Positions, Manufacturing Jobs
Maison du Monde Living Center* – LPNs, CNAs
MV Transportation – Paratransit Operators
Ochsner Lafayette General* – RNs, LPNs, CNAs, Custodial Workers, Food Service Workers
Office of Juvenile Justice* – Juvenile Justice Specialists
Pelican Pointe Healthcare and Rehabilitation – LPNs, CNAs
PTW Energy Services – Laborers, Electricians, Electrical Apprentices
Senior Helpers – Caregivers
The Wright Group – Production Operators
US Navy – various positions open
Vermilion Healthcare Center – LPNs, CNAs
Vermilion Parish School Board
Waffle House* – Managers
Walmart – Frontend Cashiers, Personal Shoppers, Stockers, Food/Consumables, Meat/Produce
Western and Southern Life – Financial Reps
*Hires Re-Entry Jobseekers
**Employer Application now closed**
Arrival & Setup
- Set up begins promptly at 8 am. Doors open to jobseekers at 9 am, so if you anticipate your booth will take a long time to assemble, we suggest you make arrangements to be there bright and early!
- Location: St. Theresa Church Hall – 101 N Leonard, Abbeville, LA 70510
- There is a large parking lot behind the church. If you could park there and leave the spots near the hall available for jobseekers, that would be great!
- We will have coffee and donuts for breakfast, so you’ll be fueled for those early attendees, and snacks and drinks will be provided throughout the day
- At check-in, you will receive a booth number and employer packet
- Your table has been pre-assigned to create optimal flow of jobseekers – we do not want similar businesses/industries clustered together – if there is a problem with your booth location, we’ll do our best to accommodate
- Each booth will have a 6-ft table and two chairs – there is limited space for a display around the tables, but you should have plenty of room for a table-top or backdrop display
- Wi-fi access is available and the access password will be provided Tuesday
- If you notified us that your booth needs electricity, please plan to provide your own extension cord
- Everyone that enters the building will be required to wear a mask and keep it on per the most recent mask mandate (exceptions are limited to those listed here
- We do not anticipate overcrowding, but we will limit entry into the building should social distancing become an issue in the space allotte
- We will have a limited number of disposable masks and hand sanitizer on hand for usage
- Employers should consume all food and beverages inside the Employer Lounge
- Box lunches will be provided at the end of the fair to be consumed off premises
Media & Promotions
- Someone from the media is likely to be at the fair – if you’d like to provide a quote for their upcoming publications, we encourage you to do so. If you have a prepared quote from your company about the fair and your participation, I’ll happily accept those and provide it to our media contacts – let’s try and keep it as positive as possible!
- Please tag the Facebook event – Vermilion Parish Job Fair as your location if you plan to use social media during or after the event – we want to share your successes with the community! Please feel free to also tag Vermilion Economic Development Alliance, Vermilion Chamber of Commerce, Acadiana Workforce Solutions and South Louisiana Community College – we will be posting pictures, too!
- The Vermilion Parish Instagram account is @VermilionParish – and we encourage you to use the #vermilionparish and #2021vpjobfair tags if you post on that platform
- Check your listing at www.vermilionparishjobfair.com – if you need us to make an update, please let us know
- I’ve attached a “We’re Hiring” banner for your Facebook page with details about the fair – please consider changing it ASAP to begin marketing your participation
- We will not have copy services on-site, so please bring plenty materials or applications for your jobseekers
- We will have an application area for jobseekers to fill out paper applications in the middle of the Employer Booths
- Jobseekers are encouraged to bring resumes, but please be prepared to accept applications and/or distribute means for them to apply off-site/in person if possible
- The LA Workforce Commission bus will be onsite in case your applicants need to apply online
- The Employer Lounge will be available for in-person interviews, we just ask that someone mans the booth if you choose to do so
Lunch & Wrap Up
- We have asked Robie’s to cater lunch a box lunch for all Employer representatives starting around 12:15 pm upon closure of the fair
- Booths may be torn down at 12 pm, but we encourage you to stay and until the last jobseekers leave
- We will conduct an email survey in about a month’s time to follow up and see if you hired attendees of the fair – please answer the survey, it’s critically important to our success!
Join us as we hear from legal expert Laura Pryor Johnson with Allen & Gooch, a law corporation. She will cover issues with employee leave and telework/remote work, onboarding challenges with the COVID-19 vaccine and what constitutes a medical inquiry, related handbook requirements, discrimination issues related to gender identity and sexual orientation and a host of other changes that can affect your business.
Also in attendance will be Stephen Harris, an Employer Outreach Liaison in the Office of UI Administration with the Louisiana Workforce Commission. Unemployment Insurance questions have been on the rise since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic and Mr. Harris will answer the most frequently asked ones.
Date: Thursday, August 5th
Time: 8:30 am – 10 am
Location: Vermilion Parish Library, Abbeville branch
Topics: Hot Topics in Employment Law
Cost: $20 (includes breakfast)*
*Free for Job Fair Employers
Sponsor: Allen & Gooch