We have partnered with UL Lafayette’s Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Energy Center to offer no-cost energy assessments. An energy assessment or audit is an in-depth, outside to inside, room-by-room examination of your business’ current energy efficiency levels and usage practices.
A customized plan can be developed focusing on cost-effective solutions for maximizing functionality and efficiency while minimizing your business’ energy usage and expenses.
Contact our office if you would like to find the program that’s right for you.
Anne T. Falgout
RURAL SMALL BUSINESS & AGRICULTURAL PRODUCERS:
- Sponsored by the USDA Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
- Small businesses must be located in a “rural area” with less than 50,000 residents.
- Agricultural producers have no location restriction, but 51%+ of income must come from agricultural activities.
- Audit report can be used to apply for USDA grants and guaranteed loans.
INDUSTRIAL ASSESSMENT CENTER
Department of Energy-sponsored assessment for businesses:
- Classified with SIC 20-39
- <150 miles from participating university
- Gross annual sales below $100 million
- Fewer than 500 employees at site
- No professional staff to perform audit
COMMERCIAL BUILDING ENERGY ASSESSMENT
- This program is open to CLECO commercial customers and includes an assessment of existing HVAC, lighting, water heating, etc.
- The assessment will locate potential opportunities for efficiency, indoor air quality, thermal comfort improvement.
- Resulting report can be used to apply for Power Wise incentives.